It’s important to maintain your equipment to prevent problems and their attendant high repair costs. Keep your climate control system at top performance by having a contractor perform yearly check-ups. It’s best to check your HVAC system in the spring and in the fall. To help you remember, you could plan the check-ups around the time changes in the spring and fall.
Some helpful outdoor maintenance tips:
- Clean off any built-up dirt, leaves, and debris outside the outdoor unit
- Inspect the drain pan for blocked openings
- Inspect the coil for any holes or leaks
- Inspect the fan blades while they’re moving as well as stationary to check for wear and tear
- Inspect and clean the control box
Some suggestions for indoor maintenance:
- Clean or replace filters regularly
- Check for leaks in the ductwork
- Check for unusual odors when your system starts
- Listen for unusual noises when your system starts or stops
- Inspect your control box’s wiring and connections
HVAC Service You Trust
Now that you know what has to be done, the next step is finding the right service provider. When you call an HVAC service company about preventive maintenance, an inspector will visit you to take an inventory of your equipment and the condition of your system.
During this inspection, you can expect a qualified professional to ask for information about your system.
MaintenX has been in the HVAC business for many years, and we’ve served thousands of happy customers. If you have questions about HVAC maintenance, call us today!