Improve efficiency, provide accountability to team members, and help you avoid distractions as you’re cleaning. Useful for both daily cleaning before opening and closing, and for annual deep cleans and maintenance service.
Below is your ultimate cleaning checklist for commercial kitchens and food service facilities:
- Wipe down walls of kitchen and buffets for splashes and stuck-on food
- Clean all cooking appliances and equipment used daily
- Disinfect prep areas and tables/bars
- Clean beverage dispenser heads and soda guns
- Replace foil lining on cooking surfaces
- Clean sinks
- Wash aprons, cloths, napkins, and other fabrics in washing machine
- Refill soap dispensers and replace toilet paper/paper towels in bathrooms
- Sweep walk-in fridge, storage, and front of house
- Mop floors
- Take out trash and disinfect all trash cans
- Wash utensils and glassware to let dry overnight before closing
- Clean ovens, fridge, and walk-in freezers
- Boil out deep fryers
- Deep clean and de-lime sinks and dishwashers
- Clean out pantries
- Clean mirrors
- Clean baseboards and welcome mats
- Polish windows/glass
- Clean the condenser coil on the refrigerator
- Clean walk-in fridge and freezers
- Clean grease traps
- Clean exhaust vents
- Clean drain covers
Front of House
- Sweep entryway and outside
- Clean outdoor welcome mats
- Clean windows and front door
- Schedule landscaping services
- Wipe down seating and walls in lobby area
- Vacuum rugs and all carpeting
- Dust lobby area fixtures
- Clean menus and tabletop condiments
- Refill/replace tabletop condiments, sugars, salt and pepper shakers, etc.
- Clean bar countertop and all tables
- Wipe down bar stools and chairs
- Clean reach-in coolers
- Clean bathroom including door knobs, light switches, etc.
- Restock bathroom items, mints, toothpicks, etc.
- Sweep/mop floors
- Empty trash cans inside and outside
- Put out wet floor signs
- Clean/disinfect toilets and sinks
- Refill soap/paper towel dispensers
- Clean stall partitions, doors, and walls
- Mop floors and scrub grout
- Clean floor drains
- Clean backsplash and mirrors
Sanitization & Deep Cleaning
- Clean booster seats and high chairs
- Disinfect door knobs/handles
- Disinfect pens and non-disposable menus
- Disinfect all counters, tables, bars, and food prep areas
- Disinfect all bar equipment including ice scoops, beer tap handles, keg lines, soga guns, etc.
- Wipe down phones and cash registers
- Clean all serving trays, trolleys, etc.
- Clean host counter
- Clean light fixtures
- Clean drains with drain cleaner/snaking service
- Schedule pest control service
- Vacuum/clean hard-to-reach places
- Schedule preventative maintenance for HVAC, electrical, plumbing, etc.
With this checklist and MaintenX by your side, you can run a kitchen that is in tip-top shape! For more information and commercial cleaning and maintenance, visit our Resource Center.