MaintenX International is a fully licensed, general contracting company with a focus on total facility maintenance and repair. We are looking for experienced Commercial Electrician to join our maintenance service team. As a Commercial Electrician, you will perform the role of an electrical generalist responsible for diagnosing, repairing and installing electrical fixtures for our commercial clients. At MaintenX, our customers rely on us to keep their business running, our service technicians are an integral part of ensuring that we meet and exceed this expectation. In this critical role, the Commercial Electrician will be trusted to use their experience and electrical knowledge to make judgment calls in the field, ensuring that the customer’s facility maintenance problem in quickly and efficiently resolved.
Our Commercial Electricians are responsible for assembling, installing or repairing electrical components according to specifications and codes.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Communicating with Customers upon arrival and completion of work ensuring customer satisfaction with service.
- Compiling job documentation, such as certificate of completion, preventative maintenance check list and report.
- Diagnosing and making minor HVAC, electrical and facility related repairs.
- Understand and demonstrate use of the principles of basic electricity and electronics.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the National Electrical Code and NFPA 70-E
- Demonstrate an understanding of occupation-specific safety standards and procedures
- Plan layout of electrical wiring, equipment, and fixtures consistent with specifications and local codes
- Measure, cut, bend, thread, assemble and install electrical conduits
- Install control and distribution apparatus, such as switches, outlets, relays, and circuit-breaker panels
- Connect wiring to circuit breakers, transformers, lighting fixtures, thermostats, intercoms, signaling systems, power equipment, or other components
- Check circuit connections to ensure electrical compatibility and safety of components
- Diagnose and repair or replace malfunctioning apparatus and components, such as transformers, circuit breakers, fuses, motors, generators, and fixtures
Electrical Maintenance-Service Technician
Successful candidates for the role of Commercial Electrician are highly motivated, skilled maintenance technicians who are able to solve problems on site. Our Commercial Electrician have vast knowledge and skills and go above and beyond in providing a high level of customer service of our customers.
Additional requirement of the Commercial Electrician
- High School Diploma or GED
- 3-5 years’ experience in servicing, maintaining and installation of commercial electrical systems
- Ability to pass a background check, drug screen and DMV check.
- Ability to work on-call and overtime hours as needed – we are a 24/7 maintenance facility.
- Basic hand tools needed to perform general repair work (screwdriver, wrench, etc)
- Familiar with and can use smart phones and tablets
- 10 Hours of OSHA Training.
We value our Maintenance Service Team and provide an excellent benefits package including:
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance and Short and Long Term Disability.
- 401 (k) Retirement plan with company match
- Paid Vacations
- Paid Holidays and Sick days.
- Service Awards
- Bi-annual team building events and more!