During the last several decades, more and more businesses have started to take a closer look at their water usage and develop water management and conservation policies. Water is a vital resource for everyone on the planet – yet millions of people don’t have access to safe, clean water. Now more than ever, water needs to be treated as a precious resource and managed appropriately.
Developing a water management policy can not only help the planet but also improve your bottom line.
The first place to start is to understand exactly how much water your company uses. Once you have this baseline, you can determine some goals and targets to cut your water usage. To save water, you can make a few quick and simple changes that can have a big impact. For example:
- Consider sensor-operated fixtures that turn on and off automatically.
- Install green fixtures that can reduce the amount of water used.
- Convert to point-of- use, tankless hot water heating systems.
- Install water reclamation system to gather rain water for company use.
- Educate and inform your employees on the importance of water conservation.
By doing just a few things, you can do your part to conserve water and reduce cost. If you are looking for ways to manage your company’s water consumption, MaintenX can help. We have many trained experts who would be happy to assist you 24/7. For more information, please call us at 855-751- 0075.