The holiday season is just around the corner, which means one thing for most businesses – it’s time for annual sales. Retail, travel, and entertainment businesses have some of their biggest months of the year around the holidays. However, this also means it’s the season with the most heightened competition in your industry. If you want your business to come out on top, now is the time to start preparing your building and your staff.
If you want your business to be able to handle the intense competition, heavy foot traffic, and frantic customers this year, here are 15 tips to help prepare:
- Spruce up your landscaping to create an inviting outdoor environment and front entrance
- Renew signage as needed to ensure your business is visible from the street
- Paint or pressure wash your building exterior
- Invest in tasteful holiday decor that enhances the season without looking tacky to customers
- Hire additional staff in September so they are fully trained before the holiday rush
- Begin holiday marketing in September to create top-of-mind awareness by November and December
- Plan for inventory increases ahead of time
- Get a head start on end-of-year bookkeeping, taxes, and other tasks so you’re not overwhelmed in December after the shopping rush (and can actually enjoy some vacation days)
- Plan preventative maintenance services in September and October to prevent breakdowns during the holidays
- Plan sales and price changes early to roll them out seamlessly during the shopping season
- Budget ahead for holiday bonuses paid vacation time and other expenses during the holiday season
- Schedule downtime so you can clean and organize your storefront and maintain a professional appearance even as foot traffic increases
- Set clear expectations for hours and vacation allowances for employees to ensure everyone is on the same page and can plan holidays accordingly
- Discuss 2023 business goals with your departments so you can come into the new year with a fresh start
- Celebrate success as you enter the New Year!
MaintenX can help you get through the holiday season with preventative care, repair services, and exterior maintenance before and during the holiday rush. To learn more about our maintenance and cleaning services, contact your local MaintenX team today!