Contrary to what you may believe, your restroom is likely the most visited place within your entire facility. While your floor plan or office rooms may seem like the most important spaces because they are where work gets done, the restroom is a safe place for people to retreat, relieve themselves, and find solace after a long day of work.
Restrooms aren’t solely a place for relief and handwashing. They’re a place for people to find a quiet moment during a busy day. They offer privacy to change clothes or take a phone call, and mirrors for one to reapply makeup or wash their face after a long workday. Restrooms also make a very clear impression to customers about how you handle your facility. If the restroom is dirty, they will likely assume you don’t take pride in your business or your work.
To understand your restroom maintenance plan, you need to think about all of these elements of restroom use. Ask yourself these questions to determine if your restroom maintenance plan is up to par:
- Is there bright lighting for people to feel safe and be able to check themselves in the mirror?
- Are the stalls spacious enough for comfortable use?
- Are the floors clean enough for someone who needs to take off their shoes to change?
- Are the mirrors clean when someone checks themselves in one?
- Are the faucets leaking and causing a mess?
- Are the paint colors and decor calming and inviting, or are they cold and harsh?
- Are there enough stalls to prevent a line (except during especially busy times)?
If your restroom does not meet all of these standards, you may think about remodeling to ensure it provides a comforting experience for both guests and employees.
MaintenX offers restroom remodeling, maintenance, and repair services to businesses across the U.S. If you’re interested in learning more about ways you can improve your restroom experience, contact us or visit our Resource Center.