Most businesses don’t think twice about their parking lot’s appearance or functionality. Unless there is a major pothole or ice that needs to be cleared, parking lots can seem like an indestructible asset. However, neglecting parking lot maintenance can cause issues in the integrity of the space as well as lower the value of your building.
Parking lot maintenance may seem like the last priority for your maintenance schedule, but there are several reasons why you should invest in your parking lot throughout the year:
- It’s an integral part of your customer experience
- Parking lot maintenance reduces your liability for onsite accidents (especially if it snows in your area)
- Parking lot maintenance can improve curb appeal
- It can facilitate easy access for loading areas
Parking lot maintenance doesn’t have the be difficult. If you follow these four steps, you can maintain the look and function of your parking lot with ease:
- Regular sweeping – Sweeping your parking lot for trash and dirt can significantly improve the look of your parking lot to enhance its curb appeal.
- Pothole repair – Potholes are not only an inconvenience but can lead to further asphalt damage if not treated before winter. If snow melts and turns into ice, it can widen the cracks and make the pothole worse by springtime. Treat them as soon as they occur to prevent more expensive and extensive repairs in the future.
- Day porter service – If you manage a large retail outlet or multi-tenant building, a day porter service to clean front entrances, trash cans, and other exterior elements can improve the curb appeal and function of your property.
- Improve parking lot lighting – Lighting in parking lots helps customers to feel safe shopping at night. If your parking lot lights are dim or not working, you may deter customers from shopping with you at night. Make sure to schedule maintenance on dim or faulty parking lot lighting as soon as you notice it.
MaintenX can help you with parking lot repairs and electrical service in lighting at an affordable price. To learn more about our preventative care services, contact your local MaintenX team today!