Clean water is often wasted by companies and consumers alike, even though it’s one of our most vital resources. Conserve and save money in the process by following these tips.
Why Conserve Water?
- Americans use an average of 88 gallons of water a day per person.
- Installing water-efficient fixtures and appliances can reduce water consumption by 20%.
- The average family spends more than $1,000 per year in water costs, but can save more than $380 annually from retrofitting with WaterSense labeled fixtures and ENERGY STAR-certified appliances.
- Recycling a pound of paper, less than the weight of your average newspaper, saves about 3.5 gallons of water.
A better water management plan will not only result in cost savings for water, but could also lead to savings in energy. There are also many other benefits, like:
- Prolonged life of equipment and reduced maintenance costs
- Financial incentives, rebates, and tax credits
- Qualifying for green certifications and enhancing public opinion of your company via commitment to the environment
Water is just a part of your facility’s larger energy plan. This is why it is essential to look at the entire energy picture of your facility’s resource use and how different systems affect each other. Why? Because changes to one system can alter those of other systems in your building. A cohesive, all-encompassing energy management plan ought to be your final objective.
MaintenX is here to help you with you water management needs. Give us a call today!